Friday, November 2, 2012

I am so glad the election process is almost over. People I love have turned into angry, bitter, fellow-man-hating people, and it makes me very sad. Politicians will always disappoint us, but we should try to respect our friends and neighbors and their rights and beliefs, even if we don't share them. There is no 100% right or 100% wrong, unless I'm the one saying it. Then you know it's right. Every time.

I just wanted to say that, no matter for whom your vote is cast, I am happy that you decided to vote. I am happy that we can all have different opinions and still co-exist. I am happy that, no matter who wins, I will get my friends back after next week, and my mailbox will no longer be full of circulars that tell me not to vote for somebody because he/she is a devil/anti-christ/puppy-killer. Yeah, those have been really effective.

Oh, and I would like to suggest that the Presidential loser buys drinks. For everyone. To make up for all of the inconveniencing that went on over the last year or so. So, yeah, get out your wallets, guys. I don't want a beer, I want one of those big fruity drinks with a plastic sword and some fruit. Something like this:


Note the orchid. That's a really nice touch, and I would appreciate something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment