Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Apparently, not everyone had the day off yesterday, but I did, so no blog post.

It seems like it's been about fifty years since the last time I was sitting at a computer, doing anything, but I guess it's really only been a few days.

A few crap days.

Yesterday morning, my Grandpa died. As weird as it may seem, yes, people my age do sometimes still have grandparents. And this guy was a doozy (in the best possible way).

There's a lot to say about him, but I think we all know what we're going to miss the most about him, and I think it'll be different things for each of us. My husband and I talked about it a lot yesterday, since this was the last Grandpa for either one of us, and my husband's been part of my family for so long that he got to know and love my Grandpa too. It's pretty sad to say good-bye.

I take that back. It's very sad. I know that I only saw him a couple of times a year, but it was comforting to get those Christmas letters and to always remember their wedding anniversary, since it falls on my birthday.

Ugh. Depressing.

I suppose I will get better at this whole "losing people I love" thing as I get older, but so far, it just pretty much sucks. I do not recommend it. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to stop this from ever happening again, but I'll let you know when I figure something out.

I'm pretty sure the answer is contained somewhere within a Scooby-Doo episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment