Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Okay, enough now with the hot.

Seriously. I feel tempted to wear a tank top out in public, and for those of you who know me, that is the last piece of clothing I would ever wear publicly.

But we're getting close.

Last night, my husband and I went to bed at 8:30, just because the house was so hot and our bedroom is really the only place with air conditioning that cools off decently. We have a portable unit in the living room, but at this point we would need one of those huge factory fans to circulate the air enough to cool off the rest of the house.

So, as I said, enough.

Also, opera season is upon us, which means we're going to be dressing up in fancy clothes on Saturday to be outside in this. If the temperature doesn't drop, that's going to be a lot of sweaty people in non-breathable fabrics. Could get nasty, in more ways than one.

I just want it to stop. MAKE IT STOP.

Am I being melodramatic? I really don't think so. Not when every waking moment that I spend in my house (aside from teaching time, because I don't want to scare the children) consists of me in a beater and boxer shorts, standing in front of a fan. No one needs to see that. It's so hot the air conditioners in the house are only cooling it off to like 80. Seriously. What's the point?

So, summer, enough already. I give. You win, I lose, print it in the daily news. Whatever.

Only please let it be cooler today. Please, oh please.

Yep. I'm a baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment