Friday, February 20, 2015

I was thinking, last night (I know, it's shocking), about the evolution of men's hair over the last decade.

I realize it's a bizarre thing to think about, but bear with me.

We were watching Property Brothers and talking about the ridiculous amount of highlighting the brothers had in the earlier shows. They also had crazy long sideburns, and the one that sells the houses had this weird pompadour thing going on, while the one that is the contractor had this 90s-style bob deal with his heavy unshaven-face beard and it was making me die a little.

Now, on my Facebook news feed, there is a proliferation of man buns and big lumberjack beards.

I am just worried about what's coming. Are we going to circle back to man-perms? Because I feel like we're headed in that direction, and I'm powerless to stop it.

Granted, my husband has beautiful curly hair, but that's different. Perms are just...I don't know, but I'm very, very afraid, because whenever perms for men come in, that means perms for women are coming in, too, and there's just nothing right about perms.

I suffered from home perms as a child. So much. It was traumatic.

At any rate, let's all keep our fingers crossed that late 80s/early 90s hair doesn't come back, because if it does, the ozone layer is in a whole lot of trouble. No way they can invent anything like Aqua-Net that will provide that crazy high hold without depleting the ozone layer.

And I will have the most unstylish hair on the block, because I just can't. My hair is too short and I just don't have that extra 45 minutes for teasing every morning.

This could also signal the return of thick blue eyeshadow. Yikes.

from ink361.com

No comments:

Post a Comment