Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving is upon us. Well, really, it'll be upon us in the morning.

I have decided that this year I am thankful for so many things, I can't just express it by eating a ton of turkey, do I should probably write a blog post about it.

So I am.

I am thankful for parents that have always accepted, nay, encouraged my weird. I have never fit into that little tiny box o' normal, and they never made me try. They just worked their butts off to make sure I was clothed, fed and equipped with the main tool necessary for a successful life: Sarcasm.

I am thankful that my sister let me survive long enough to get to voting age, even though I was a turd. Also, I'm super thankful that we now not only get along, but are able to combine to create a level of awesome heretofore unknown in this galaxy.

I am thankful for a fantastic extended family that is tightly-knit enough that I know they will always be there for me (as I will for them), but doesn't strangle me with too many feelings or surprise week-long visits. Because, well, come on. Me and surprise week-long visits are not a good combo.

I am thankful for true friends. I am fortunate to have some, and they are fricking amazing. 

I am thankful that I have retained my sensitivity, even when it makes life ticklish, and I have to deal with smelly smells that are smelly.

I am thankful for pets and fart jokes and Life Cereal and stretchy pants and Murder, She Wrote and math and music and ceramics and writing. They make life so much more fun and bearable than I would've ever thought.

Finally, and most of all, I am extra thankful that I'm lucky enough to have my very own person, and I got to find him in time for him to get used to my...cowboyness. Because the person that is my person is just so awesome, I can't even deal, and he totally did not get a delicate flower. And I'm pretty sure he's cool with that, which makes me even more thankful.

See? I told you it was a lot. I didn't even get into my feelings about Sirloin Burger soup. That needs a poet, and I just don't have the words.

Have a lovely, thankity Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment