Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Alright, back home and to normality.

Except, not really, because I don't think normal exists, certainly not up in my house.

At any rate, I'm glad Thanksgiving is over and we can move on to the main event: Christmas Recital time.

Yep, that's the main event.

It's weird, because when I was a kid, so many people took some kind of lessons and had some kind of recital that it wasn't all that unusual. Now, it's not (apparently) done as often, so no one has any idea about what to expect.

And that's the part I enjoy the most, ha ha ha!

(I was rubbing my hands together and cackling while I said that last sentence, in case you couldn't tell.)

But, no, seriously, I think it's kind of awesome how excited the kids get and how nervous the parents are, even the ones with the older kids, and how none of them seem to realize that it's the adult students who are the most scared. Well, except for me, I get that. I totally do. I also love Christmas time anyway, so it's super fun getting to sing Christmas songs and whatnot FOR MY JOB.

Yes, people pay me to sing Christmas songs with them and/or their children. It's pretty sweet.

The only part that is not sweet is the part where I have to play for some of my students. That is not sweet. It makes me want to barf.

Singing in front of fifty people? No problem. Playing the piano in front of the same crowd?

I MAY DIE.

I don't know why that is, I only know that when this weekend is over I will be a happy camper. And I will have a beer with my dinner. And then maybe cake; I don't know.

At any rate, I love Christmas Recital time, even when I have to play the piano for some of my students. It's my favorite time of year to be a music teacher.

Also, there are cookies at the recital. Did I mention that? Yes, cookies. And other assorted snack goodness. I kind of like food.

No comments:

Post a Comment