Thursday, November 20, 2014

In ceramics class last night, I made something that I wasn't too happy with. Everybody else said it was fine, but in my heart, I knew it was crap.

I hate that.

I would rather people just said, "Aww...and that looked like it was going to be so nice, too." Instead, they feel compelled to ooh and aah a little more over things that suck.

I know this because I do it myself.

I realize that if I don't like it, I shouldn't do it to other people, but I'm not convinced that it isn't the only way to really handle those situations. I don't want to be one of those "solution" people who tells you everything you did wrong after the fact and never, ever has anything to say beforehand.

That is lame.

Also, it is extremely unhelpful in ceramics, because if you don't like what you made, you're pretty much screwed. You kind of just have to deal.

I guess this is another one of those pesky situations with no answer. I hate that. I wish there was a perfect thing to say that was non-judgmental while also being supportive and helpful, but in a non-I-told-you-so manner.

That doesn't exist. I just made it up in my head.

There are just going to be crappy ceramics days. There just are. At least I get to come home and have a peach popsicle, even if it is winter and I have to have it while wrapped in a blanket because it makes me so cold I can't stand it.

That is not crappy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment