Tuesday, September 23, 2014

So my allergies have been acting up so much over the last few days that I now have two cloggy ears. This would be less of a problem if I didn't have a big old singing job tomorrow.

Nice timing, ears.

Last night at rehearsal, I was having a little trouble hearing stuff, just because I feel a little like my head is wrapped in cotton, but it wasn't too bad until the deluge came.

Deluge? What? This is New Mexico.

It also didn't help matters that about ten minutes before the rain started, a lizard came in under the door and was crawling around the sanctuary. At that point, I completely stopped concentrating on the music and began looking around to see where the lizard went because I was worried someone would step on him.

I really hope that didn't happen, because I lost sight of him and never saw him again.

At any rate, about ten minutes later, it started pouring rain. Not just little sprinkles which, in NM, counts as real rain and causes everyone on the road to start driving like a 90-year-old lady with a bad case of heavy brake foot. Nope, it was like God was dumping buckets of water directly onto the porch area of the church where we rehearse, causing a scary little pre-flood situation right outside the glass doors where the lizard had squeezed his way into the church.

All I could think at that point was that if the lizard got in, surely water could start seeping in and we were going to have massive freakout time.

Also, I was wearing suede loafers and I was really mad to have to get them wet.

In addition, the rain pounding on the roof made it so I really couldn't hear at all. I thought it was going to be bad but I think since we were all in the same boat, no one noticed.

It poured for about an hour, and then it stopped and all of the rain dried out in about 15 minutes, which is how we know that we are, indeed, in a desert.

I should point out that if I was paying attention, I wouldn't have had these issues. This merely came about because I took a decongestant yesterday, which made me notice even more stuff than usual and also made me have a lot of thought time.

A lot. 

It's like talk radio going on in my head.

I think maybe I shouldn't take decongestants unless it's absolutely necessary. Cloggy ears and singing, though. It's probably necessary. Guess I'll be having some more thought time today. Ugh.

I wonder what happened to that lizard?

No comments:

Post a Comment