Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Today is going to be rough. I can already feel it. I realize there are many of having rough days out there, and I don't mean to minimize that, but this is going to be one of epic proportions. Why?

I am disappointed.

Disappointed in a situation that eventually involved me having no control, and disappointed in my response to it. Disappointed in my lack of progress.

Mostly, though, disappointed in being unable to get something I really wanted.

I feel like I'm four and someone took my stuffed Bambi away again. It's that bad. There may be crying at work. There will most definitely be putting my head down on my desk and, for those of you who read this and also happen to work with me, there will also be an excess of eye-rolling, sighing and throat-clearing whenever I happen to be asked to do anything. ANYTHING.

Your best bet is to put down your receipts and back away slowly. I may or may not decide to write your reimbursement check.

Oh, and if I hear one more person talk about how much he or she needs a vacation, I will lovingly remind him or her that I haven't had a day off since Christmas, and even then it was only one day. Only one. My last real vacation was in October, and everyone else has had at least one, if not two, since then. I will do said reminding with my ring hand, if necessary.

So, yeah, today's going to be awesome. Watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment