Wednesday, March 19, 2014

So I think my new favorite thing, beside Spinach Pie (which is freaking awesome, by the way), is the way people make meaningful, heartwarming digital posters for people to put on Facebook walls, which have text-speak in them.

You know, as in, "U are so special 2 me. Repost" or, "Ur Mom did a lot 4 U. Give her a hug."

No. Don't give her a hug. Give her the extra two letters in the word, "YOU." Moms love letters.

Is it just me, or is that ridiculous? People aren't making those poster thingies on the run on a mobile device with a little teeny keyboard. They generally use a big, regular-sized computer for those with a big, regular-sized keyboard. Not that I text with any abbreviations. I don't really judge people that do, but…

…well, yes, yes I do. I know it's hard for some people to text on those tiny keyboards, and I get it, but it still drives me bonkers to get texts from full-grown adults that say, "C U Ltr." Because, really. I feel like I'm worth the extra letters. That what it really boils down to.

Also, don't you want to appear as educated and smart as you really are? Don't you? I mean, if you're driving along…well…you shouldn't be texting if you're driving along. But if you're in a hurry on your way to an important business meeting, as I know we all are about twenty hours per day, don't you want to get into that mega-competent frame of mind and use a whole sentence? Such as, "I'm going into a meeting. I'll text you later." Not, "Gng in 2 mting. Txt U ltr." 

Seriously. The first choice is definitely the successful, well-educated choice. That is the power-suit, drinking-a-skinny-mocha-and-using-an-iPhone choice. The second option is like the track-suit-with-"JUICY"-written-across-the-butt, drinking-a-40-of-Mickey's choice.

Therefore, when making a heartwarming Facebook poster, hopefully one with kittens, please make sure to choose the power-suit choice. Not the juicy-butt choice. Nobody wants to see the juicy-butt choice.

I realize what that sounds like, and I mean it in the worst, grossest way possible.


(I realize that this is horrendously wrong. I needed a graphic way to illustrate my point, and I sincerely feel that this does so, but I apologize to anyone who may vomit or die a little inside. It had to be done.)


No comments:

Post a Comment