Monday, March 27, 2017

So, since it's Monday and the kids are on Spring Break, and since I vowed not to teach during Spring Break ever again because no one shows up anyway, what am I doing this morning? 

Getting ready to start lessons. At the crack o'dawn.

Every year, I say I won't. And every year, they beg me for makeups because they have blown lessons off this spring and don't have school this week, so of course they'll have time if they're not going off on some crazy expensive vacation that I could never afford because their parents are gazillionaires. And I say yes, because I'm a sucker, and then I sit around and wait. And they don't show. And I call. And they ask if they can come this afternoon.

And I say yes again.

And it happens again.

And then we say screw it, and cancel anyway.

Ugh. Why, oh why, do I do this? I swear, anyone who doesn't show up today is going to feel my wrath. Of course, my wrath is the passive-aggressive kind, so it'll be more like 25 minutes of warmup and all classical songs with embarrassing words in them, like "breast," "bosom," or "tra la la."

I'll do it, too, guys. Don't test me.

Blergh. Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment