Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WOW.

I mean, I knew I'd been hitting the sugar pretty hard, but yesterday kicked my butt. No refined sugar was so, so lame. 

By the end of the day, I felt cranky and edgy and forgetful. Also super headachey, but I know that's only to be expected. I looked back this morning at my food diary, and my sugar grams each day for the last month had really been climbing. I guess using all of my calories for cookies at the end of the day wasn't the best idea ever.

Ugh. Why can't sugar be the healthy food group, instead of vegetables? I mean, I like vegetables just fine, but after a rough day I don't drive home thinking, "I can't wait to slice me up some radishes!" Nope. It's all about chocolate chip cookies or ice cream.

Or Doritos, because, let's be honest here, those things are a bag of magic. But then, every day is pretty rough, so you can see that it becomes an every day type of thing, which is an issue.

At any rate, I made it through. So now I have four more days, including today, and then on Sunday I can have a delicious Shamrock Shake, if I behave. 

Ah. Shamrock Shake time. It tastes like magic. Magic and shamrocks, with a touch of leprechaun. 

In a good way. Not like leprechaun feet or anything. Just their magical green Irishyness.

Don't judge. I'm off sugar and I've lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment