Friday, February 3, 2017

Well, we're all just peachy, aren't we?

Quite seriously. Everybody is scared and mad and defensive and they have every right to feel that way. People on both sides. I'm scared, too.

HOWEVER...we have to stop attacking our fellow people. STOP. The people in positions of authority cannot stop us from being kind and considerate to the other human beings who share our space. Let's all do that. Post on Facebook if you like, peacefully protest as much as you want, read or don't read any news that you feel will give you the info you need. There are many problems, each with a multitude of possible solutions. There is no single right path, in my opinion.

BUT...be kind. Please be kind. We are not enemies. There are people out there who have a great deal of hate, but meeting that hate with more hate will not fix us. They will continue to try to divide us. Let's not let that happen.

I am not perfect, but I'm trying not to freak out. I'm trying to do things in real life that I feel will be productive, and I'm staying away from too much social media, as I feel like it sucks up time that I can use to make a change in the world, and that is what I need to do. Others may need to be more involved with their community on there right now, and that's great, too. Different strokes for different folks, yo. Just because it's not my way doesn't mean it's wrong.

Finally, although Dickens doesn't usually speak to me, I'm trying to keep Jacob Marley's quote in my mind: "Business!" cried the ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, benevolence, were all my business." I know, not at all hilarious, but it keeps popping into my head, so I'm putting it out there.

Not trying to be self-righteous. I am a mega-turd a lot of the time, and I have many moments of crappy behavior, every day, but I'm trying. Let's all do what we can. And protect our people and ourselves.

Guys, I love you. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment