Thursday, February 16, 2017

So, big surprise here, I'm not huge into hugging.

It's okay, there are a very few people that I genuinely enjoy hugging, and I typically hug them, but everyone else, especially casual acquaintances and people who smell funny, I have a weird time when it comes to the hug.

This is a difficult thing when you teach lessons to a bunch of super sweet and huggy little girls.

Now, when I was little, I had a huggy piano teacher. So I always HAD to hug her, and I hated it. She wore perfume and had cats, and I always had terribly itchy eyes and trouble breathing after having my face smooshed into her creepy boob area, but I never said anything because I was afraid to be rude, so now my studio is a no-hug zone.

Little people have rights, too, guys.

At any rate, yesterday, my huggiest little girl, who wants to hug every single week but doesn't want to ask and sometimes sneaks a quick one in before running out with her mom, stood next to me and put her arm around me and leaned her head on my shoulder and said, "Happy late Valentine's Day!"

And just stood like that for a good two minutes.

It was freaking adorable AND a hug, so the internal conflict got all real.

But I hugged her back, because the cute won out, and come on. She's a hugger. She's GOT TO HUG.

And it was okay.

But the struggle is real, guys. Hugging is rough sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment