Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Yesterday, the most awesome thing EVER happened. Well, it really wasn't that awesome, but it was hilarious to me, so I thought I'd share. Here goes! 

I came back home from a day of being on the road, and pulled into my garage, but I left the door open because I needed to walk out and check the mailbox. The (extremely religious) neighbor kids were riding their bikes in the street. As I got out of my car and walked down the driveway toward the mailbox, I heard one of the kids say, "Hurry! She's going to murder you!"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....we're those people. 

I have a feeling it's because we don't always go to church on Sundays, and we also have friends of a variety of sizes, hairstyles, ethnicities, religions (or lack thereof), and various non-1950s sorts of family types. We're also both voters that are registered as independents. Plus, I sing really loudly, a lot, and sometimes we play the Johnny Mathis Christmas album in the middle of the summer. Oh, and did I mention we don't have babies? Throw that in there, too.

Hide your kids, people. We are bona fide weirdos (also, do yourself a favor right now and type out bona fide and see what your spell checker does...mine was fantastic).

Ha ha ha ha ha. I love my street.

No comments:

Post a Comment