Thursday, August 4, 2016

I made this deal with myself this summer that I would paint my fingernails every week or so, and that was supposed to encourage me to use more lotion, to help my hands not look like 90-year-old lady hands, with some dishpan action thrown in there.

So far, I have only been mildly successful.

Why do I hate lotion so much? Especially with this thin, pale skin that is all Sahara-ish and wrinkly? I should be taking baths in the stuff, but I can't seem to work up the enthusiasm necessary to take the five seconds I need to put it on.

Urgh.

Sunblock is another thing altogether. If I skip that, I know I'll be a lobster in less than fifteen minutes, so I'm pretty good at getting that all over my face. 

Maybe I need a more fear-based type of encouragement. Like, if I don't put on lotion all day, dust mites will come and devour all the dead skin and multiply and take over my house.

Except that kind of really happens.

Gross.

Maybe I just really, really need to not look at my hands at all. Then I'll never know.

I may go with that. Sounds pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment