Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer colds are lame.

Well, this may be allergies, I really can't tell, but at any rate, I'm sick of snot. Last Thursday was my birthday (really nice, by the way, minus the sore throat), and I had a bit of a sore throat all day, but it's allergy season like crazy so I didn't think anything of it. 

Went to sleep, woke up two hours later with the worst sore throat I've ever had, couldn't sleep the rest of the night.

From a sore throat? Yeah, it was that bad. So, basically, since then I've been trying to stay away from my mom in case of any viral contagiousness, and then just trying to figure out where this bad boy's going. I haven't ever felt badly at all, except Friday from not sleeping all night. I mean, that was it. If this is, indeed, a cold, it's the weirdest one ever.

Today, it seems to have moved down my face into my chest, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be some coughing, but I feel like with the fifty tons of water, Mucinex and DayQuil, I've got this thing covered.

But I'm still producing way more snot than I'd like. 

I always think that I can beat a cold with my superior mucus handling techniques. Maybe that's why I've not felt badly, or maybe it's really just allergies, in which case, can we just throw all the juniper, grass, and lamb's ear far, far away? Like, dump it somewhere freezing so no one has to deal.

I know, I know, people Ike their lawns, but grass is my worst allergy. I have no lawn, just ragweed, which is my other worst allergy, so I'm basically screwed on the outdoor plant front. I'm gunning for pouring concrete and having a swimming pool. I feel like a big pool and then patios is way less work than almost an acre of grass.

Come on. You know it is.

At any rate, it would probably mean less snot for me. And I like that.

Fingers crossed that today's the day it starts going away. I'd like to breathe without whistling in my nose and/or hacking up a lung.

No comments:

Post a Comment