Monday, June 13, 2016

I am really trying hard to keep my motivation to eat healthy, but there is just nothing that I want to eat on the acceptable food list on my diet.

However, this week is my birthday/Father's Day week, so I know the dessert action is going to be pretty intense. I decided to go ahead and seriously no carb it up Monday-Wednesday, so I can eat desserts and whatnot on my birthday and Father's Day and not gain five billion pounds.

I realize that number sounds like an exaggeration, but it's only a slight one. I can gain weight like nobody's business.

I'm into day one about six hours, I've only had a protein shake, I did an hour on the treadmill, and I already want to punch a wall. Or eat a cake. Or punch and eat a wall made of cake, if that's even a thing. I'm trying to remind myself that opera fancy dress season is coming soon, and I need to fit into all my dresses in such a way that I won't need to wear a girdle, because it's outside and already hot enough without having to vacuum pack all my fat into a spandex sausage-style casing.

It's working so far but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

I need more work to distract me, but I've already finished half my work for the day, and lunchtime is approaching quickly.

And I'm so hungry.

And I know how to bake cookies, and I have a whole hour at lunch so I could, feasibly, do so.

And there's wine in the cupboard.

Goodness gracious. This one's rough going. That birthday cake had better be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment