Monday, May 2, 2016

Yeah, I took a week off from blogging. What of it?

At any rate, we are still in project mode, although we are approaching the end, so we actually had some time to just sit and watch tv yesterday, so that was pretty awesome.

A lot of really big things got finished up at the end of last week. We got the cabinets adjusted, finally, so I can use all of them now, and the trim piece was hung so it's not just sitting on the floor of my living room. We also got the tile put up and the ceiling around the perimeter of the room got scraped, repaired, and painted.

So, so close. But still not there.

At this juncture, we took the big piece of art that we had framed and stuff especially to hang in our new kitchen, and just propped it up.

It doesn't work.

You guys. It doesn't work. We planned and planned and planned, and it's all wrong. Mostly because of the wall tile, but still. So we had to figure out an alternative, which I think is actually going to work out very nicely, but still.

Yuck.

Also, my arms are still sore. They've been sore for like a month. And I still haven't stained all the new closet doors. I may be in trouble.

Yes, all my blogs will be about this project until further notice. We're so close, and I haven't gone completely crazy yet, so yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment