Monday, May 16, 2016

We are in the home stretch, as 90% of stuff is done on the house, so now it's definitely time to hit the diet pretty hard.

I gained way less weight over the holidays/cancer time/emotional roller coaster/renovation goodness than I would've expected; however, those in my family can attest to our bodies' ability to gain 50 pounds at the slightest provocation with only a minimum of food.

Seriously. I have gained double digits in days when I didn't think I was doing too badly. We have to be so careful, it's ridiculous.

At any rate, we're clearing out the garage, and the treadmill is almost visible, so that's a good thing. We also need to eat more vegetables; however, our grocery store just recalled all of the frozen vegetables we have, so I guess it's time to get some new ones. Or maybe fresh ones. I don't know. Ugh, vegetable shopping. Not a good thing. Everyone says they love vegetables, but come on. Green beans, or cake? Or wine? Or wine and cake? Or a beer and a whole pile of cheese and bread?

There is no question. The delicious things are never as good for you.

Unless there's sauce.

So I'm hitting it really hard this week, since I have a thing I need to wear a dress for later on this week, and I really don't want to have to rein all this in with a girdle. It's too warm for girdles, and the effort required to pull that thing up is something that I'm just not prepared for.

Therefore, I will protein shake and salad it up this week. Maybe eggs, too, but we're also almost out of those. We are also out of cake. And beer. So that's how this week is going to go.

It's so Monday right now. So, so very Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment