Saturday, November 21, 2015

So this week was pretty poopy for me, and I thought it would be a good idea to take a few minutes to write down some good things. Just so I can remember when everything is not going as I'd like it to.

I have an awesome family. We fight and we disagree about ever so many things, and I think I may be more foul-mouthed than my mother ever thought a lady could be, but we also love the crap out of each other. We worry about each other and we stick our noses in each other's business, and we bug the heck out of each other. Because even though we have different ideals and religions and politics and lifestyles, we are an exclusive club of weirdos and we will always care for each other. So, yeah, awesome.

I have really cool friends. I worry sometimes that one day they will figure out what a dork I really am, but so far, so good. And even though I am perpetually busy and never have time to hang out, they still let me Facebook stalk them and occasionally meet me for a beer. That's pretty darn great.

I live in the most beautiful little house I've ever seen. These walls are mine, along with all of the weeds and the dust and the gorgeous baby trees. It's like Wild Kingdom in my backyard, except with birds, gophers and bunnies, rather than lions and stuff. I get to live here. Even though it's hard to fit all the crap I want to do in here, this is mine. Well, ours. And having a warm, safe place to live is freaking incredible.

Most importantly of all, I have a person. My very own person to take care of and bother whenever I want. He's mine, and I'm his, and there's no undoing that. And he has the the most lustrous hair you've ever seen, so that's pretty sweet. Also, he fixes all of the broken things and makes sure I don't forget the important stuff, which is vital because I inherited my father's memory for daily tasks. Basically, I can remember everybody's age and favorite color and what my mom's favorite dessert is, but I can't remember why I went to the grocery store or which bills I've paid this month. And he is just all-around lovely and I would pick him again in a minute.

So, yep. I have all of that. The other stuff is just extra. Plus, Thanksgiving is around the corner, so I should probably remember all this and get on board with the thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment