Friday, October 30, 2015

Back from vacation! 

It was really wonderful. No flight delays, no baggage lost, no money missing, and nothing left behind. It all went almost too smoothly, which is unusual for us. We even slept well and didn't get sick.

Great time, but I'm so glad to be back in the land of dry.

Did I mention heat plus humidity equals hell? Because it does. I have no idea how people survive in that swampy crap, but I would just die. I would rather it be hotter, but drier, because that Florida business is ridiculous.

We walked about a billion miles a day, so I only ended up gaining about four pounds. That is some kind of miracle for me, because it's usually eight or more per week, and we were gone ten days, so I was scared. I think the not eating meat thing helped, though, because although it seems like Disney has options for vegetarians, they really don't have a lot for me. Veggie burgers out the ears, and some salads, but those had no protein, so not a great option. Would've killed for some eggs or peanut butter but no such luck.

They did, however, have chocolate croissants for breakfast, so I was pretty set there. It was amazing.

We got to ride lots of rides, go swimming, do a little shopping (not too much, though, because holy crap...pricey), and see a couple of movies. It was very relaxing and lovely. No wine or beer, though, at the Epcot food and wine thing, because everything was so expensive, and I just can't bring myself to pay $15 for a beer (imported, yes, but come on). People were paying like $8 for a Bud Light. Seriously. Just couldn't do it. I'll have wine at home.

So, yep, home now. In the cold, drizzly, rainy October that is just so much better than Florida's hot, sweaty, stickiness. Because ew.

Also, New Mexico skies and sunsets win. Hands down. No contest. So, there's that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment