Thursday, October 15, 2015

Yep, I'm still busy in my mind trying to match up people with their movie/TV counterparts. My dad's was pretty easy, but some of the others are giving me a harder time. So this morning, I'm going to go with a hybrid for my mom, since there are two people that stand out in my mind as her: she's a little bit Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances, and a little bit Rose from The Golden Girls.

Weird combo, yes, but that's my mom.

My mom is every bit as naïve as Rose. For reals. If you ae ever trying to sell something that may or may not be a piece of crap, go to my mom. She will buy one. However, here's where the Hyacinth kicks in, because she will (ever so nicely) hound you to your death when it breaks, until you fix it. 

She is also a ham and loves to be the center of attention, as does Hyacinth, and she calls my Dad to go do stuff every five minutes. My Dad is pretty much the epitome of Richard, except Richard never burps, so that's not an option for him.

With the sarcasm and general pessimism my sister and I bring to the table, and my dad's general stubborn hilariousness, my mom is totally Rose. She's got her own happy place up there in her mind and it's pretty hard to invade that personal space. Ain't nobody got time for that.

So my mom sort of floats around in her own little world, like Rose, but when it's time to get stuff done, she's all Hyacinth. So there you go. She's a hybrid. Like a Prius, but cuter and way more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment