Wednesday, April 1, 2015

We've embarked on a low-carb journey.

We went in and talked to someone about nutrition, just to be sure we're on the right track, especially now that I'm not eating meat, and we were informed that, contrary to what we enjoy, sugar is really not that good for bodies.

Shocking.

At any rate, we've changed our My Fitness Pals to reflect this new way of eating: 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat.

Considering I never made it above 12% protein before, you could say I'm having a bit of a struggle. And this struggle doesn't include cookies, so I may die.

Also, my cereal is going to be off-limits one day a week, because we will be doing one no-carb day weekly.

Did I say I may die? Let me say it again. I MAY DIE.

Also, my husband is a meat-eater and isn't allergic to avocados so I have a feeling he's going to do really well.

I also have a feeling that someone is going to find me on the ground outside of the grocery store, begging for Oreos. But not for a while yet.

I have cut the sugar in my coffee by half, and I am going to order me some protein powder so I can have a gross shake thing and up my numbers. Also, I have one more Pop-Tart in my pantry, which I will eat for lunch on Friday and then I'm not buying them any more.

I realize most adults survive just fine without Pop-Tarts. I have just grown very fond of them in the past few months. They are the bright spot in an otherwise annoying and work-filled day.

It's not like Atkins, because we can still eat some carbs and my stomach doesn't hurt and feel nauseous, and I haven't eaten any lunch meat/cheese/mustard/lettuce sandwiches or 50 pounds of bacon.

Yet.

We will endure, however, because we have to and also because I am going to buy a mega tub of protein powder and we have to keep going until we use the whole thing because I do not throw food away.

Seriously.

So, get ready, everyone. It's about to get all skinny up in here. Or at least, all less carby and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment