Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Well, the higher protein eating plan seems to be doing the trick, as the scale is moving in a downward direction. I don't know, though, after yesterday.

What was yesterday? Why, it was no-carb Monday, and even though we did screw up and eat some carbs we still had very low amounts.

I'm here to tell you that the difference between lower carbs and no carbs is ginormous. Now, I'm not the kind of person who rips people's heads off (too often) when I am tired; I just fall apart and/or start crying for no reason at all. I could tell that I was going to be entirely worthless by the evening, so I got all of my work done in the morning. And I wasn't interrupted by too much of anything, so I got an astonishing amount of stuff done.

And then I looked at the clock and it was 2, and I just couldn't any more. I couldn't anything.

So I finished up the rest of my day, as it was, but everything was so hard. Like, I have the flu kind of hard. Like, I just ran 500 miles kind of hard.

Except, neither of those.

And the rest of the day was kind of a mix of grogginess and longing for chocolate.

I didn't cave in, but we did have some higher-carb vegetable stuff at dinner which I now know isn't the best thing for no-carb Monday, and we will avoid those next week.

But we did it.

And survived.

And I am having so much beer next weekend in order to prepare emotionally for no-carb Monday again.

No comments:

Post a Comment