Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Well, it's swimming day again. Not that I'm not thrilled to pieces to be able to suit up, shave everything and then bare it all in front of all of those ladies, but seriously. SERIOUSLY.

I kind of hate wearing a swimsuit.

It's weird how much psychological comfort wearing a t-shirt over my swimsuit gives me. I realize it doesn't really hide everything, as the backs of my thighs are probably my second-most hated body part, after my upper arms, which, are truly a wonder to behold and are actually fully contained within the t-shirt.

Thus, my love for the t-shirt.

But I will go and get my water aerobics on. At least it's a healthy activity and not likely to screw up my diet or anything like that, like a stop at the gelato place uptown would. 

Mmmmmm. Gelato. I haven't even gotten to try it yet, and I know they have a birthday cake flavor, which is my favorite.

No, no, no, no, no. No gelato. Only vegetables and then some oatmeal chia pudding for dessert later. I realize it sounds gross but it's actually kind of awesome.

At any rate, swimming day.

I wonder if the older women still feel weird about it or if they're just like, "Yeah, I've had 3 kids and a hernia operation, so pretty much everyone's seen all of my business. Drink this in, ladies."

Ew. I hope not. I don't really relish the thought of seeing anyone's business.

Last week, I was also on the lookout for that dye that's in pools now that shows when someone's peeing, so that I could point out whoever it was and shame her, but it didn't happen, which makes me feels so much better. I realize that there's still a ton of pee in there, but it comforts me to feel like no one's doing it, rather than that they just don't have that kind of dye in there. Let me have my moment.

Swimming day. I feel like it may be my most neurotic day of the week, not counting Friday morning weigh-in. Because I needed another thing to obsess about. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment