Monday, January 26, 2015

Warning: This is going to be one of those braggy, food-picture posts, so if you hate that, better leave now. Because, well, because it's important.

Lately, I have been cooking a ton of soup and stuff. Why? Because it's finally cold enough, and also, soup is rarely over 400 calories a bowl, even if it's got delicious things in it, like cheese. I also have this fantastic Le Creuset pot that makes me feel all fancy while I'm cooking so, there you go.

First, I made cauliflower soup. This was around Thanksgiving, and I think it was in my top 3, even though it didn't photograph well at all. Those are not frog legs on top; it's browned butter and crispy cauliflower florets. FAAAANCY!!


Then, I tried Brussels sprout soup, and it was good, too, but the texture was weird. No fancy drizzle on this one.


Over the holidays, I made pecan pies like crazy, and I also did a butter cake for New Year's.


This year, I tried one of those copycat recipes for Olive Garden's Chicken and Gnocchi Soup, which came out amazingly well, even without any actual chicken, since I'm not eating meat.


And I just spent the weekend making pie stuff, like a lemon meringue for my sick mom, mini chocolate ones for the rest of us, and homemade Pop-Tarts because all of those chemicals make me nervous.






And finally, to cap off the weekend, I made a spinach, tomato and basil gnocchi soup!


Of course, all of the really good photos were taken by my Dad, and most of mine actually made the food look kind of gross. But still.

I did so many dishes, but it's been a great couple of months for food up in my house!

I told you it was going to be braggy and full of food pictures. What did you expect? Geeeeeez.






No comments:

Post a Comment