Thursday, January 29, 2015

Last night, I had the conversation I've been dreaming of, ever since August of 2013. It was everything I dreamed it would be, and a little bit more. 

What was it about?

Well, poop, but it's the context that matters.

See, I take a ceramics class. And in that class, we build things out of clay. White clay, grey clay, and, most importantly, brownish clay.

Yep, it's brownish. And smeary.

So, when a person hand-builds or throws with it, it leaves a smeary brown mess all over that person's hands. And I've always wished someone (other than me, because I always have to be the one to bring up poop) would say something about it.

And last night, it happened.

We were sitting at the wheels, and this awesome lady (who was actually awesome before this, but it bumped her up like 50 levels) was using the brownest clay in the place. I looked over and said, "Wow. That really looks like chocolate!" Partially because the clay is actually called chocolate, but also because it looked like poop and it was making me giggle.

She looked over and said, "Yeah, but it looks like poop, too!" And then we laughed about it.

It was like a portal opened up from the heavens and angels were singing. Someone that wasn't me was laughing with me about poop.

I tell you, all was right with the world. For once. Best class ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment