Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Okay, guys. Today is the day. The magical day where we once again have a shower!

It's been I-don't-know-how-many days since I've showered in my own house (my parents live three blocks away, so they've been nice enough to let us wash off our filth over there), and I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.

Or, at least, as excited as I can possibly be at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Having a working shower is almost as exciting as having a working toilet, which we already had one of, but two toilets is ever so much nicer, and we were without for around four weeks. We were wildly optimistic with the time table because we didn't take into account that EVERYTHING would go wrong. Like, everything. It was ridiculous. I don't know how my husband didn't just throw in the towel, but I gave up a long time before he did. I wasn't doing most of the work, though, so it didn't really make that much of a difference.

It came out so great, I almost can't believe that a bathroom this pretty is in my house. Here are the pictures to prove it:


Here is our ultra super fancy old fiberglass shower surround from the 80s. This is after it's been scrubbed down with bleach and everything. That black stuff was sort of a permanent reminder of the people who used to live here, I guess. Gross.

This is what it looks like now:


Yep. My husband did that, all by himself. He's pretty studly.

And here is the other side, complete with bucket for containing the leakage from the fifty-year-old sink:



Pretty fancy, huh? It was pretty difficult to give up a vanity that looked that sweet, but I think we'll make do:



I realize the open shelving seems like it would look craptastic once you get stuff in there, but we just bought a few baskets. It's just the two of us, and we're pretty tidy. You may have already figured that out. 

Finally, the toilet. The weird, awkward, square toilet that was so custom we couldn't buy a new seat for it because they don't make them anymore (I realize it was already in a picture, but it deserves its own section):


Yep. And if it looks crooked in the picture, that's because it was. That orange blob behind it was the towel that faithfully gave its life to soak up the leakage (it was clean water, not poop) from the hoses in the back. Here's its replacement, along with a good look at the tile floor that looks like wood, but is actually tile. It's so cool:



I realize the door frame is dirty. Well, it was dirty. It is no longer dirty.

But isn't that great? Isn't my husband the best, handiest, awesomest guy EVER?!?

Yes, he is. That's why I let him have the first shower.

So there you have it: The grand before-and-after tour of our new fancy bathroom. Jealous? Yeah, you probably should be. It's outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment