Thursday, April 17, 2014

Eyebrows are really important, you know? They just are. I'm told that, at some point, they actually served a purpose, but scientists have been unable to figure out that purpose, unless I missed the memo. Or else they're supposed to catch the sweat before it rolls down into a person's eyes, blinding her and making her say, "Sassafras! I need some eyebrows, stat!"

I can see this scenario in my mind, and it is delightful.

At any rate, I would just like to say that, for those of you who are lucky enough to have eyebrows, you should definitely consider keeping them. 

There are people who, through no fault of their own, have lost their eyebrows (seriously), and I imagine it's really distressing to have to try to draw them on when all one wants is to have a normal-looking pair of eyebrows sitting atop one's eyeballs, all prepared to catch sweat and what-not.

So, for your sake, for your eyes' sake, for your Mom's sake, and for the sake of all of us who have to look at you:

DON'T SHAVE THEM OFF AND THEN DRAW THEM BACK ON.

Just, no. Don't do it. And if necessary, and there's no alternative, use a stencil. If it seems like too much eyebrow, it's probably too much. Don't think this:




Note that the bird looks angry. That's not what you're aiming for.

I hope that this clears some things up for people. I'm not judging, but when you get something like this going on, well, judge for yourself:





Yeah. That. You're going to have people coming up to you saying, "Surprise!" ALL DAY LONG. Just, do the best with what nature gave you, and don't try to be an artist. Unless you are an artist.

Then just go for it.





Yes, yes indeed.





No comments:

Post a Comment