Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sometimes, a person just passes by something that she can't pass up. That happened to me yesterday. Well, to me and my husband, and we just had to buy it. We couldn't help ourselves, and we are not impulsive shoppers.

Well, most of the time.

See, yesterday was a kind of weird day, schedule-wise, and my husband and I decided that we'd go for a walk before heading out of town to go do some doctor/music stuff. We're really trying to use the crap out of these body meters, and we wanted to see how many steps are in our favorite walk.

So we're walking, and then all of a sudden, we see it, rising out of this driveway like a beacon of hope in the desert. Okay, not really, but it was pretty gosh darn cool. And here it is (well, not the actual one, but one just like it):



I KNOW, RIGHT?!? A FLIPPING POP-UP CAMPER!!!!

I'm a little excited. And the best part? No more peeing in the woods, and my own little sink, so I can wash my hands in the wilderness.

I may not make it the two weeks until we can pick it up.

I'm also trying to prepare myself for the level of filthy this thing's going to be, because, yeah. Other people have probably pooped in there, seeing as how it's like 17 years old and the people who are selling it have a teenage kid. I hope that the pooping was confined to the toilet, because if it wasn't, and I find it, I may die.

BUT SERIOUSLY, YAY!

We've been wanting one for a while, but they're so expensive, and this one was just such a good deal, we couldn't pass it up. Plus, both of our birthdays are coming up in a couple of months, so we decided this can be our present in lieu of any celebratory anything. 

I am almost so excited that I want to hop around the house, screaming like a little girl.

But that would be lame, so I shall not. I shall, instead, let this picture of Chunk portray my feelings about the whole situation:



Yep, that's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment