Saturday, May 12, 2018

Mother’s Day is rapidly approaching.

It’s going to be extra yucky this year, because now I don’t have a Mom. Also, I’m still going to get the usual, “You're a woman in her 30s, married, so you must have procreated!” deal, so that’ll be delightful.

We are, however, getting to have New Mexican food twice, so that’ll help.

I gardened for like three hours yesterday, just kind of in honor of Mom. Wow, it’s hard. Well, some of it, anyway. Milkweed and dandelion greens are a pain out here, but the grasses are easy to pull. And I’m pretty good at geraniums, so we got our pots from last year out of the garage (they stayed alive!) and pruned them back, and today I’m assembling some Adirondack chairs and making an area to sit and maybe getting some annuals going, since we’re past frost time. I think.

At any rate, it was productive and good, and hopefully the momentum from that will push me through this weekend.

Unlikely, but what the heck. Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment