Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I just decided that childhood me would've totally thought adult me was rich. For one simple reason, which I totally forgot about until just this very minute: We buy Kleenex.

Okay, so it's Costco brand, but still.

I was just in my bathroom, blowing my nose with toilet paper and it suddenly hit me that when I was a kid, I thought only rich people had Kleenex, because we only used toilet paper (which is actually handier than a box of Kleenex when you have a cold, because that tube is a built-in place to stick the dirty t.p. between trips to the trash can....I mean, I'd never do that now, but when I was a kid it was on). I guess we just didn't feel like tissues were worth it when we had perfectly good rolls of t.p. that served pretty much the same purpose. Every once in a while, when I had a bad cold, my dad would buy me a box of Kleenex and it was glorious. I felt so dang fancy, I would still use the toilet paper, and keep that box of tissues for as long as possible.

Fortunately, I married someone who really likes having a box of tissues around, rather than rolls of toilet paper, and with my sinus issues, it's pretty much a snot fiesta up in my neck of the woods. For reals. And when I blow my nose, even though it's quieter than it was before my sinus surgery, it is still trumpety and magnificent, so you can imagine the snot game I have going on. So, yeah, Kleenex is a fine idea.

So, little me, guess what? 

Even non rich people can buy that huge bulk pack of boxed tissues at Costco (theirs are less linty than Kleenex, too, so it's a pretty amazing deal). 

Or maybe we are rich and somebody forgot to tell me.

That would also be amazing.

But at least we have a ginormous box of boxes of tissues in our garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment