Monday, March 21, 2016

Well, we're up in this business for real, now. We took down the wall.

Granted, it was a little tiny wall, just one dividing the kitchen from the laundry area, but seeing as how we've never done that before, it was a little exciting. See, here's what it looked like before...


Old cupboards painted brown, and about four feet of counter space altogether. Which is just not enough for canning. Or so I keep telling myself. We took the washer and dryer out about a month and a half ago and put them in the garage, which, I must say, is working really well. Keeps that lint out of my house, yo.

Anyway, here's where we're at now. 

So much bigger. I mean, it's really only four feet, but holy cow. The ceiling seems higher and it's a lot brighter, too. Also, since we moved the doorway to the left down by about three feet(these pictures don't really show it), we'll have room for a pantry. A real, live pantry.

I'm pretty excited. Or, I will be, once this mess is over.

It will end, someday. It will. Four more weeks. Or, really, three. Then we just wait a week for appliances because when you live in the boonies, you have to get things delivered when the people feel like delivering them. Poops.

At any rate, I still have a sink, so I can wash my hands. And that's what matters.

P.S. Knocking down a wall is fun, but it really makes your arms hurt. Like, a lot. Invest in some ibuprofen if you're going to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment