Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Some political wisdom for your day, here, since the elections are cluttering up my life and I feel like you guys all need my particular brand of guidance. Ready?

Vote.

That's it. I don't care which person gets your vote. I know for sure my favorite candidate won't win, and the others are all pretty awful this time around. But, seriously, we survived some pretty horrible people in the White House, so I think we could recover from anything (well, anything but Trump...he can't run his own hair and he wants to run a country? Come on...).

I did a report on LBJ in elementary school, and I dug up a fact that he peed on people. Like, more than once. He was a big old douchebag. Yet, we survived.

Taft may or may not have gotten stuck in a bathtub. How embarrassing was that?

And the whole Monica Lewinsky debacle made me cringe, even though I was a little young to understand the true grossness of the stained dress.

So, at any rate, I think we'll be okay. As I've said a billion times, the local elections have WAY more bearing on our day to day lives, yet almost no one bothers to show up for them. The President is kind of a showpiece for the country (so, Trump...just, no), but your County Councilors and Mayors and all that really have more to do with local and state taxes, spending, schools, etc. So maybe actually learn about them and then go vote.

Also, stop threatening to unfriend people who disagree with you. It's childish. Do it, or don't. There are a million different ways to get things done, and most people are just trying to get people who lean more to their way of thinking. It's okay. If they're hateful or bigoted or racist or something, you should probably not be friends with them anyway. So why make a big stinky deal out of it?

Calm down. Have a coffee or take a nap or get a snack in there. We're all going to survive, no matter who gets voted in. 

Well, unless it's Trump. He is epically horrible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment