Thursday, June 4, 2015

Well, I failed. Yet again. At growing out my hair.

I'm actually really okay with it, because my hair was starting to look like this. Seriously:

from vettri.net

Yep. All the way. I think sometimes I just need to grow it out because when it's really short, it looks all healthy and nice. Sometimes even a little shiny, and I DO NOT have shiny hair. Refer to the above picture for my hair's actual shininess. It is dull and brittle and it breaks easily and I think it's also kind of itchy.

Hair is super itchy.

When you add in the fact that after close to eight months of growing, I still had less than three inches of hair, you get an idea of the pace at which my hair grows. 

It's real, real slow and I just don't have time to wait.

Wait for what? To get to ponytail stage. Because isn't that the real goal? My hair has two decent lengths: Really short and really long. All other lengths are ridiculous, because my hair has to be a certain length to be heavy enough to pull down and settle into curls and not just stick straight up (see above).

Really. It wants to stick straight up. This morning when I woke up, even with my super short cut, it was a full-on mohawk.

It was kind of awesome, but I have to go into work, so I'll be toning that down in a bit.

So, anyway, I feel like every year or so, I need to try growing out my hair, because I forget what my hair looks like, and I get deceived by other people's hair into thinking that mine will look super nice longer, as well.

That is a lie. It will still look just like my hair.

But I know I'll probably forget and try again. Maybe next time, I'll read my own blog and remember and save myself some time.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment