Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I can't believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow. I always feel as though I must have left some thing undone, and then I don't discover what those things are until ages afterwards.

Oh, well. No matter. We got snow last night so all is right with the world.

I am already thinking of my resolution for 2015, and I have some pretty good ideas, but I am starting a new project right now. I am becoming a semi-vegetarian.

Anyone who knows my family is thinking, "Huh..." right now, and with good reason. I don't think anyone in the history of our whole family has ever been a vegetarian. Our family was built on a firm foundation of ground beef and bacon. And steaks.

But I feel like I want to try.

It's not like I'm addicted to meat. I actually go for weeks sometimes with the only meat I eat being served at my Mom's house. I've just been feeling sadder about it than usual when I eat it, and I don't think food is supposed to be that way. All sad, all of the time, I mean. I think if it bothers me, then I probably shouldn't do it.

I just hope I don't gain weight.

At any rate, I will still probably eat some meat occasionally. I don't know. I'm doing this sort of haphazardly, and it's mainly because I can't stop thinking about the poor little animals when I'm eating.

Which is a horrible thing to think about.

I also don't think it's wrong to eat meat. I feel like it's okay, if it doesn't bother a person to do it. My husband isn't stopping eating meat anytime soon, and it doesn't bother me at all.

This is weird. Just weird.

At any rate, I'm going to try it. Just to see how it goes. I know for sure that I'm going to eat meat sometimes, but not very often and only for special. For instance, we're going out for breakfast tomorrow, and if I feel like having bacon, I'm going to have some. 

So, yep. Haphazard. That's why it's not a resolution, per se. Those need rules and structure. This is just...I don't know. I'll figure it out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment