Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Well, it's opera season again. I love it so much, but only partially because of the actual operas. I love writing the articles about the operas, and I also love people-watching.

There, it's out in the open. I love watching other people walk around in their fancy outfits. Is that weird?

Probably. But it's also super fun.

The first opera I attended this season, my Dad got to sit with me up in the fancy seats, and we got to do a ton of watching while we waited to go in. We were not disappointed. There was a 50-something lady in a tube top with the worst sunburn I've ever seen, a lady in a full-on track suit that had high-water pants and a hot pink stripe all down the sides. There were also many fun hats, including a top hat and a derby-type hat, which was, indeed, worn at a suitably jaunty angle.

Very nice.

This past week, my husband was with me and we got to see the best Victorian-typey outfits ever, complete with bustles and teeny little hats. This was made even cooler by the raininess of the evening. I sure hope those costumes weren't a rental, because I'm pretty sure they got soaked.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to see something like this during the course of the summer, partly because I love Ursula and partly because, well, it would just be fun. Santa Fe, don't disappoint me.



No comments:

Post a Comment