Thursday, July 10, 2014

Do you ever feel like everybody had a meeting behind your back and decided on something without letting you know?

That's how I'm feeling right now. About soccer.

I'm not trying to say that I disapprove; in fact, I think it's healthy for the U.S. to develop new interests. Soccer is a very fun, healthy sport that people of all ages can play and watch, and I think it's a fine idea.

But when did it happen?

This whole World Cup thing is freaking me out a little. It's like one night, while I was asleep, the entire country tiptoed into a secret cave somewhere (obviously, it had to be a very big cave, so I'm voting for someplace like Carlsbad Caverns...plus, that makes it spookier), and decided that our country was going to like soccer this year.

I could've sworn that nobody cared before. This is weird.

I would like to say that next time everybody decides to like something, they should maybe let me know, so I can get in on the excitement, too. I don't dislike soccer, I just don't like watching it on TV all that much. The only sports I really like to watch on TV are football and tennis, and only tennis because of the noises and faces the players make. It's hilarious. I love baseball, but I really only like to watch it live, and basketball is really more fun to play than watch. At least, for me.

So, yeah, I feel left out, United States. I wouldn't have been opposed. I would've totally concurred with the decision to like soccer now. Totally.

But now you've hurt my feelings. You owe me a sandwich. Like this kind of sandwich, with peanut butter and bananas and bacon (I've never tried it before, but I feel like if it's good enough for Elvis, it's good enough for me).



from treataday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment