Friday, September 13, 2013

So it's been raining for ages now, an amount of rain I've never seen, and while we're not having the flooding of epic proportions seen in Colorado, my front yard does have two little ponds in it. We also have a few little tiny leaks, which freaks me out, but my husband doesn't seem too worried about it, so it's probably okay.

How does he know which stuff is okay and which stuff is really bad? For instance, last night we noticed water dripping into the chimney and down into the fireplace (a teeny little bit). How does he know that that's okay and we shouldn't call somebody? (Although, really, it wouldn't do any good...no one could go out on a roof in this.) This morning, there's a few little tiny drips coming from where the furnace and water heater vent into the roof. How is that okay?

So, yes, I've arrived at Crazy Town, and my husband's like, "No biggie. Just check the towels every hour or two." How did that happen? We usually worry together....it's like special bonding time for Type-A personalities. I'm kind of on my own on this one.

Alright. I'm sure it will be okay. It is Yom Kippur this evening, after all, and we all know that nothing bad ever happens on holidays. Right? RIGHT? 

Right.

Plus, there's cake in the fridge, so that can save the day if I need it to. I'll save it as a last resort. I could also make cookies, except I'm supposed to just relax all day before I sing at the temple. Yep. But, cookies. Just thinking about cookies has improved my mood dramatically....okay, all good now.



P.S. In the last 15 minutes, one of the ponds in the yard has grown substantially. If it doesn't stop raining soon, I may have a massive spaz attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment