Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My husband shared something with me yesterday that makes me worry about the next generation just a little bit more than I already did:  The Katy Perry video where she has, ahem, "The Eye of the Tiger."

Rawr.

Anyhow, will someone please explain the appeal of this crap? It's horrible. I know all about horrible, because half the stuff I listen to is horrible, as well. This kind of horrible is worse. though, because no one seems to recognize that it's horrible. I actually saw a comment where the person wrote, "Katy Perry is GENIUS!!!" All caps and three, count them, three exclamation points.

No, Survivor were genius when they came out with their song. Katy Perry is an effective entertainer. Not genius. Yes, again with the entertainment value being put way above artistic value. I realize that it's pop and it's for fun, but the melody was so annoying it almost made my head blow up. I've heard some of her other songs and they don't bother me nearly as much, although I'm convinced that if she wasn't cute, there's no way she could've gotten famous. Her voice is so...hmm...bleh. Not good, not bad, highly computer-altered and straight. No character, no nothing.

Like Britney Spears' voice, except less baby-like and therefore less irritating overall. Also, the video had less boob than I was expecting, so that's good.

But still, she's no Survivor. THIS is Survivor. Enjoy it, and may your day be as fierce as their hair and their tight-crotched jeans. Rawr for reals.






No comments:

Post a Comment