Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Well, we're getting to the time of year when the air seems to have a bit of coolness to it, so you know Fall is around the corner. The temps here are still in the 80s, so it won't happen anytime soon, but I'm still pretty excited, as I kind of hate the summertime.

Its hot, and I look really bad in shorts. And anything with short sleeves. Basically, I need to wear a parka at all times, but the air conditioning in my office doesn't really get cool enough for that.

In honor of the end of it, I want to share a few things that I don't hate about summer (yes, there are things I don't hate...I know, it's shocking):

1. Monsoon season is awesome when we actually get it. I realize that this is New Mexico, and it's supposed to be deserty, but when we have a few weeks straight of rain and the air smells awesome all of the time and all of the dry, dead things turn green, it's super cool.

2. I'm a sucker for little kids roller-skating around our cul-de-sac. It's just adorable, especially when they're all tiny and wearing these ginormous helmets. I think my lack of helmet-wearing as a child explains a lot about my personality...

3. Linen pants. They're supposed to be wrinkly. Good times.

4. Camping is pretty cool, and it's only warm enough from May to October, so that's kind of summery, right?

5. Back to school time. I love that. Get back in there, you little ingrates. Learn some stuff, and then get jobs. Hahahahaha.

Oh, and there's one more thing, which is my absolutely favorite part: Geraniums. They remind me of my Grandma's greenhouse and even though they smell kind of funny, I still love them. 

See? I don't have a bad attitude about everything. I really don't. Just most things.


No comments:

Post a Comment