Friday, August 9, 2013

Today is my sister's birthday, which is cool. Today is also one of those days where everything I put on makes me look like a cross between Nell Carter and the Chief (if you don't know that I'm referring to Gimme a Break, you need to educate yourself...that show is genius). So, yeah, like this:



Her + him. Well, mostly like him, but with a little sass and also my hair is pretty curly, what with all the rain we've been having. And I don't have a receding hairline.

But can you imagine?

Actually, I would probably be okay with looking like this Nell because in this picture she hadn't really gotten large and in charge yet; however, her afro hadn't blossomed into its full magnificence yet, either.

Oh well. I will never be sassy enough to achieve full Nell-ness.

Anyhow, every outfit I have makes me look like the Chief in a dress. At least, today. I guess I will have to attempt to up my sassiness so that the scales will tilt more towards the Nell side. Watch out, co-workers and various customers. I'm going to be full of homespun wisdom and I will break into song at the slightest provocation.

And, by the end of the day, we'll all have learned a valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment