Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I finished my second really big doily yesterday. Kind of proud, because it looks just like the picture (except the picture was made with white thread and mine was made with green thread). Now for the big dilemma:

What do you do with a doily? 

I suppose I could put it in my Etsy shop and try to sell it, but the amount of work I put into it would make me really unhappy with almost any amount of money. I don't know if I want to use it, though, because I don't want my house to look like somebody's grandma lives here.

I realize that someday I will be grandma-aged. I just don't want to get there too soon. I'm still trying to cope with being an adult, which is hard enough.

So, this is the pattern:


Nice, right? Not too old ladyish, right? Welllll, maybe. The thing is, I've discovered that I really like making stuff with crochet thread because it is really careful work and every stitch shows and...well...you can't really have a lot going on in your head while you're doing it. It sort of clears out my brain.

Maybe other people can have deep thoughts while they're keeping the right tension on their thread and counting all of their stitches. I don't know. Not me.

Anyhow, I guess I'll figure something out. I should take a picture of it, as it is much more magnificent in green (which, as we all know, is the best color on Earth). I think maybe I'll use it. I can figure something out.

I mean, I found a place for the unicorn chair, didn't I? Yes, yes, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment