Friday, September 8, 2017

For some reason, it's getting harder and harder to write about anything funny. Not because things aren't funny, because, trust me, the poop jokes are always a-flyin' around here.

I just can't stop thinking about all the not funniness right now.

So much fighting and so many people who are treated so badly, and so many people who seem to care so little for their fellow humans and their rights, as long as they aren't the ones being oppressed, harassed, or violated in some way.

So many people who only care for money and find no value in feeding the spirit with beauty for nature or art or music or spending time with other people or animals.

So many people who want to work but can't; or, conversely, who have to work all the time, but never get ahead so they can have time to rest.

And so many people who are sick and struggling just to feel okay.

Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.

So maybe I'll try to be a little nicer and a little softer, so I can feel sad for others and not cause them pain. Maybe do a little extra for my neighbors, just because that extra feeds my heart, not because I have to. Not to be an ultra pious goody-goody, but just because it is so rough out there. Just, so rough and I know I'm not the only one who had my entire extra large rear end handed to me this week.

We are all way too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment