Wednesday, August 30, 2017

So I've decided that the serenity prayer (you know, the one they use for 12-step programs) is going to be my new mantra. Along with the phrase, "It's none of my business."

I think maybe that's the key to not being worried all of the time.

At any rate, there are so many things out there that are out of my control, I might as well just keep concentrating on the ones that I can actually do something about. Or, at least, trying to concentrate on them.

I'm a fixer. I want to make everybody happy and problem-free.

It's not going well.

I found this quote on the Wikipedias by an 11th century philosopher, Solomon ibn Gabirol, and I really like it. He said, "At the head of all understanding...is realizing what is and what cannot be, and the consoling of what is not in our power to change."

I know, I know. Wikipedia is not a real source. This isn't a real source either, so deal.

At any rate, this is my new thing. For today, at least, because most things really are none of my business, and I need to keep reminding myself that that's okay. At least, on paper. I can do this. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment