Tuesday, August 1, 2017

As of today, we've been in our new house a month! We are really loving it, but there are some things to get used to.

First of all, the blinds in the bedroom are not blackout blinds. That means that by 6:30, the bedroom is fully light. Ugh. Sometimes on weekends, I like to sleep until 7:30. We are going to need to get some new window coverings. I need that extra hour.

Secondly, the tile floor has these weird random little black spots on it. They drive me crazy because I think, "MOUSE POOP!!!" and then I run and get all of my cleaning gear (mask, Lysol, gloves, hazard suit, you know, all the stuff normal people put on to clean up one tiny piece of excrement), and then I realize it's a spot on the floor. But, I guess, better safe than sorry.

The weirdest thing of all is the dark. We are from a tiny town. Tiny. No night life at all, and our street didn't have a light on it or anything, so I'm used to it getting pretty dark at night. Nothing like here, though. Last night I drove home from a late rehearsal, and I was honestly nervous that I would pull into the wrong driveway. It gets a level of dark here that is a little freaky. Definitely opens up possibilities for an alien invasion, I tell you.

Otherwise, it's been great. Santa Fe is an amazing town and we love being a little more out in the "country" even though we're closer to the city. The extra land is totally worth the drive every day. Except at 4:45 am. Then I hate it a little.

But only until I've had my coffee. Then it's good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment