Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I just realized that I didn't publish my last post. Over a week ago. I may be a little tired.

At any rate, it's a lot better now. All the floors are in, and I have most of my house back (except the kitchen, which I don't even want to think about because it's now weeks behind schedule), and now it's just finish work for the most part. So that's good.

The less good part is just how the rest of life is kind of stinky right now what with all of the illness and sadness and tiredness.

So, just because I want to remind everybody, and this is my blog page, today's post is a PSA-type reminder. I want you all to remember that you need to get your colonoscopy when your doctor tells you to. Seriously. I've had like ten. They're really not that bad. Just watch some Netflix on your iPad and maybe play some mahjong.

It's not as weird and embarrassing as you think. Really. It's actually really funny once the drugs kick in.

The alternative is losing a quarter of your intestines, having to go through chemo that gives you horrendous diarrhea and severe pain, and basically being confined to your house for months. It's awful.

So, let a doctor put a tube with a camera in it up your butt. That's the moral of today. Wow. I hate to guess what the moral of tomorrow is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment