Sunday, February 28, 2016

Cheryl Tiegs, you've got to be kidding me.

First of all, you're, what, almost 70? I'd say that's harder on your body than being 20 pounds overweight. Work on that. 

Secondly, you're citing Dr. Oz's 35" waist recommendation as the basis for your criticism of the size 16 model on the SI cover. Dr. Oz. A man who has been blasted for promoting all kinds of crap with no scientific data to back up his claims. What a joke.

Finally, I would bet that the "plus size" model Sports Illustrated featured is super healthy, due to the crazy amount of muscle tone and complete lack of sag and/or cellulite. Did you even look at the pictures? You know that woman hits the gym. Get a grip.

I guess what infuriates me is that I am about the same size as her (although my flabby flat butt is obviously seriously inferior...sigh) and I would put my blood test results up against Cheryl Tiegs' any day. Saying it is impossible to be overweight and healthy at the same time just keeps the whole "fat shaming is okay" mindset out there. We should all eat healthy and be active. Size is irrelevant. I am tired of being told how defective I am, after decades of dieting and exercising. I was not made to be a size six. It's never going to happen. Could I stand to tone up and lose twenty pounds? Yep. Does that make me want to hide in a big Hefty bag? Yep. Do I want my fellow women to feel that way? ABSOLUTELY NOT. 

Take care of yourself. Eat some vegetables. Get some exercise because it's healthy and your joints will thank you. But don't starve, have that glass of wine and, for goodness' sake, eat some cheese. Happy is pretty, too.

Also, though, I think Cheryl Tiegs is just mad that no one wants to see her in a bikini anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment