Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Is it a new thing to go to appointments of one kind or another straight from a workout with horrendous b.o., looking like you've just been sprayed down from head to toe with sweat?

Apparently it is. At least, in my neck of the woods.

The real problem, especially in winter, is ventilation. It's just too cold to open a window, but if I'm gagging too hard to be polite, what else can I do? And then I say something ridiculous, like, "Hot flashes!" even though I know you know I'm not quite to the hot flashes stage yet, and then I feel guilty for hours, because I didn't want to sweat-shame you. I just didn't know what else to do.

I try to time my workouts so that I can shower after. Just, always. I would never, ever subject someone else to my post-workout hair, for one thing, and although I don't sweat very much (it's kind of weird), I am sure I don't smell like unicorns and rainbows. 

But within the past four days, I have already had two people show up for appointments fresh from the gym, only not-so-fresh.

Did I miss yet another memo? Is this okay now?

I don't know if I want to live in a world where people don't shower and then bring their aromas into my space. I just don't know, man. That is definitely NOT the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment